Author Topic: Kriegsmarine Mauser M1934  (Read 4320 times)

Offline ugafx4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
Kriegsmarine Mauser M1934
« on: May 27, 2015, 07:03:06 PM »
Picked this Kriegsmarine marked m1934 up off of armslist today. It is not in the best shape, but I doubt I will ever want to pay what a immaculate one of these goes for. It is my first foray into KM marked pistols. Hopefully my last because they are expensive. (they also used the Luger, Radom, and HSC during WW2)  Pistol itself is a Mauser m1934. There are 4 different variations of KM marked m1934s that exist. This one is a 4th variation. You can tell by the serial number range and the fact that there is no KM property marking on the grip. All the other variations have KM property markings on the grip and magazine. This one did come with an Ostsee KM marked magazine from another pistol. The KM marked everything with property numbers. The bayonet in the last photo is also KM with the property numbers. There were only about 20,000 of these pistols acquired by the KM. There are only 6,000 of this variation that were acquired. Glad I can add this to my collection.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Kriegsmarine Mauser M1934
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:10:28 PM »
Strange looking, but fascinating! Thanks for sharing the old warrior.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 11:18:19 PM »
At least someone made an intelligent decision today  banghead1
What a righteous pistol. Love the provenance, love that Mauser banner logo. Just beautiful.
I wonder how that finish loss/wear happened?
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline ugafx4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 01:52:48 PM »
Being a Kriesgmarine pistol, it was most likely subjected to use in areas of high salt. If you look at most Kriegsmarine pieces, there is some type of finish loss on them. Any dealer will let you know that this is how it happened. This one most likely served on a U-Boat based on the amount of wear. U-Boats were the most apt to salt water intrusion. rofl

It can not possibly be storage related on a piece that is 75 years old.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
He invoked the U-boat defense Oh no he didn't!!! That finish loss is provenance, dog. It adds value  rofl
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 02:05:30 AM »
Naw, you guys are all wet, that pistol was clearly from the Tirpitz.  The officer who held it was on-shore for liberty when the RAF bombing leading to the sinking of the Tirpitz occurred.  The salt was introduced upon taking the motor launch from ship to shore but the corrosion was minimized by the cold temperatures of Norway slowing down the kinetics of iron oxidation...  fart1  :))

Seriously, that is a very cool pistol. I'd be very happy to have such an example  thumb1

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:59:15 PM »
Almost missed this!    The axis pistol I originally wanted...  another fine specimen!!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.