Author Topic: HiCal in Canada claims to have a AR to SKS magwell adapter !!!  (Read 11043 times)

Offline 1mlt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Interesting to note it looks IDENTICAL to our G9. I was contacted by a member here who lives in Canada with the heads up. They haven't showed the left side of theirs. I suspect because it is engraved with "Made In Texas". They are in Mission, BC. I have one customer in Mission, BC. Hum, coincidence or ?? I posted reference to the "look-a-like" and they pulled my comment. If any of you guys would care to comment in their "offering" thread, we would much appreciate it. Thanks

Marcus

HiCal thread:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1223509-SKS-to-AR-magwell-adapter-prototype

>:( :o although I shouldn't really be shocked that pirating goes on!!
There is but one language in the USA, English.
Teddy R.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: HiCal in Canada claims to have a AR to SKS magwell adapter !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:52:17 PM »
Is that what your mag release button looks like?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »
Do you sell your g9 in Canada?

Quick Google says US patents not valid in other countries.    :-\

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 01:49:46 PM »
No, we use the original AR 15 mag button.

We sell product to individuals in Canada. We do not have a distributor.

And thanks for posting to the thread guys.

I'm calling Murray now. Stay tuned.

Marcus
Teddy R.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
Oh..  sounded good anyhow.    rofl

BAN ALL CANADIAN PRODUCTS!!!!

Offline Greatguns

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Sniper
  • Inventor of the Intrafuse folding adapter.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 03:39:23 PM »
I would hope patents would be in effect at least with Canada and Mexico even if through NAFTA????
My Avatar is a pic of the real "Ghost" SKS in honor of xxxsks(joe). It is a pic of a fully decked out SKS in Capco hunter's kit. This was mine, the only other pic I had ever seen of one was Joe's.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:43:44 PM »
They keep pulling the negative posts.
Marcus
Teddy R.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »
They keep pulling the negative posts.
Marcus

Because I keep asking questions that tbe answers to are incriminating.   rofl

I'll just keep posting asking about getting a pic of the left side of your g9

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 05:08:55 PM »
Keep up the heat.
Marcus
Teddy R.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
HiCal has pulled all the posts that are less then favoring. Perhaps you guys can email the owners of the site to assist me. Post links and pix of our adapter as well. BAD PRESS is never good. Murray uses them. A few suppliers pulling product from them can't be good press either. It probably won't go very far if I'm the only one complaining. HICal refuses to post a pic of the left side of "their" adapter. Hum, I wonder why? Perhaps because it says "Made in Texas"? However, we do have a plan. More to follow. They won't return my calls either.

Maybe call and ask WTF is going on?

Marcus

Teddy R.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 11:25:29 PM »
Well guys, after many hours of contemplation, writing, rewriting and more rewriting, I sent this to the admin at Canadian Gun Nutz. Maybe some of you want to chip in a few comments to them as well. Who knows?
Marcus

Hical AR to SKS magwell adapter  <blockquote> Gentlemen,

My name is Marcus Taliaferro. I own a Company in Houston, Texas, USA, called "TheSKSmagAdapter, LLC". Our email address is thesksmagadapter@sbcglobal.net. We originally began designing/building/selling  our first mag adapter, the G1/1, in 2008. It worked well but had short falls. We then designed our G3/1 which incorporated a "Z" shaped locking tab that attached the adapter to the rear site trunnion and fixed the adapter to the rifle, separate from the stock. This was late 2009. The SGW bullpup stock soon appeared and we designed the G5/1 for use with it. We still offer the G3 and G5 as current SKS mag adapters in our stocked inventory.

We turned to development of an adapter that would allow the use of the AR-15, x39 magazine system in both the SKS and AR platforms. If you own an SKS + a AR  x39, 1 mag would run in both.

Originally, our intention was to market solely to the USA. We did not concentrate on the Canadian market. Soon, we were receiving inquires from Canada asking if the LAR, XCR "pistol" stamped mags could be used with our adapter. We learned "if" they could our Canadian friends could use the 10 round mags legally. Yes, we discovered, the mods were simple enough to do and the mags would work fine unmodified to comply with Canadian law.

We filed our initial paperwork with the USPTO for patent protection in May of 2014. That process is still ongoing. We are considered "pat. pend." We are set to file round 2 of the required paperwork in the next 2-3 weeks. It takes about 4 years and a lot of red tape/paperwork for the patent process to complete in the USA.

I receive an email from a friend of mine in Canada alerting me to the HiCal, "AR to SKS magwell adapter". He knows my work, has seen it and felt this was something I should be aware of.

Proof of our work:

Visit our youtube videos and note the G7, which we scrapped 3+ years ago. While it ran well, it required extensive mods to the mags. We deemed these mods not 'doable' by the everyday guy and stopped development of the G7. Enter the G9/A development process.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/1mlt/videos

Visit our website and watch the videos we have posted. Be sure to check the dates the videos were posted. Or, just watch them at our youtube site listed above.

HiCal first published pix of "their" adapter (I believe) on Friday, April 10, 2015.

Look at the pix of our G9/A and the dates they were posted. Then compare our posted pix and the pix HiCal claims to be theirs.

They refuse to show the left side of "their" adapter, as it likely says, "Made in Texas". The only change they made was the mag release button. It is identical to ours out to the .001". Likely one of ours.

Pay close attention to the 4 screws on the left side of the adapter body. Notice how the are NOT flush with the left side plate. We fixed that going forward and our 2nd run will have them flush. We have made a few additional 'cosmetic' changes, but the design is the same. "Their" adapter shows these same "imperfections" identical to ours.

They have not published any install instructions. They only make generalized statements as to what needs to be done. Installing the G9 is a VERY PRECISE procedure that MUST be followed to the letter or the system won't run. It isn't hard, but it is precise. Please read the install instructions at our website. We know this, because it took us 3+ years of development to get it right.

All the negative responses have been deleted from the HiCal thread. Why? What are they trying to hide?
 I've called them, but they refuse to return my calls.

This HiCal 'design' , on the surface, appears to be, well, I better not say.

I am hopeful that CGN wants ethical dealers only to be associated with their forum. I run my business and life ethically and will not compromise for anything less. I am simply reaching out to you in an effort to resolve this issue. Get HiCal to send you an immediate text message pix of the left side of the adapter and see what it says after you call them. Or, simply, believe what you see at our website with the dates that go back several years.

Best Regards,
 Marcus Taliaferro
 www.thesksmagadapter.com
 thesksmagadapter@sbcglobal.net
 713.498.9990 </blockquote> <blockquote> </blockquote> 
Teddy R.

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 12:20:52 AM »
Go to the Hical thread and post you butts off. He has opened the flood gates.
Marcus
Teddy R.

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 02:18:03 AM »
Just gets deleted

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 10:58:54 AM »
Darn Canadians ey?  bat1

Offline 1mlt

• Marksman
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 11:06:27 AM »
Every single post that 'questioned' them or was less than glowing, has been deleted.
Marcus
Teddy R.