Author Topic: Canadian Tire pulls SKSs  (Read 7987 times)

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
Re: Canadian Tire pulls SKSs
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »
I was on the Cabelas Canada website yesterday and noticed that they no longer list Barnaul 7.62X39 ammunition. Barnaul was one of the major suppliers of non-corrosive Russian ammunition sold in Canada. Only Winchester and I believe Hornady available on the website. They recently had a sale on surplus ammunition and now only Regina, Sask. has stock available. Not sure what is going on up here. Shortage, restocking??

Offline newchi

• Marksman
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »
CT still has oodles of chinese surplus

Offline jstin2

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 11:19:57 PM »
Canadian Tire still has a lot of Barnaul ammunition in stock, but what I am referring to is Cabelas. Check it out. Check out Tradex ca. and Bulls Eye London both sold out, over 3 months now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:09:01 PM by jstin2 »

Offline Dino412

• Newber
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2018, 11:57:04 PM »
If I were a cannuck I'd pull the kids college funds to buy up whats left o dem Ruskies. Could be a good investment

Offline newchi

• Marksman
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2018, 09:42:37 AM »
There is an ebb and flow of ammo.  Someone buys a container full then everyone has it, then it tapers off.

Offline Fasteddie01

• Newber
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:25 PM »
Hi guys -  My regular (Halifax) ammo dealer - Ron's Army-Navy- told me that they ran out of Barnaul last fall and it seems to be due to unrest in Ukraine.  They cannot at present get shipments thru that area.  He hopes that it will resolve in the next few months, but you can never tell with 'Poutine'  bat1
Ron's still has lots of Czech & Chinese surplus FMJ for about $ 6 / 20 and S&B SP for $25 /20.
I live in New Brunswick now and  the Cabellas just closed a couple weeks ago since we have a Bass Pro as well.  Cabellas had one box of Barnaul - $25 and 2 of Hornady SST - $65 + tx when they closed.  A local store - Dr. Deals - has Czech FMJ for $4.50 / 20 and Norinco FMJ for $7 / 20.  Bass Pro only carries Federal ( I think) at about $40 / 20.
I haven't been to other towns but pickins are slim out this way - not a lot of ammo dealers around.
BTW I have a 51 Tula refurb with forced stock + mag cover - otherwise matched and 'good' cond
51 Tula refurb ( so far )

Offline newchi

• Marksman
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 09:46:59 AM »
I think your guy was confused with the canada ammo branded stuff, which i cant think of the name of right now.  The Barnaul plant is way off darn near china.  But the canada ammo stuff was made in Lugansk, which is now defacto no longer a part of Ukraine, or anywhere else for that matter.  And i am pretty sure any manufacturing they are doing is for more for their own immediate needs.
Maybe new ammo made in Russia is sanctioned now somehow?

Offline Fasteddie01

• Newber
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2018, 02:24:47 PM »
I'm not sure about the 'Ukraine' unrest' but Barnaul is in mid-South of Russia.   Yes, near NE China but if ammo is shipped thru Europe it would have to pass Ukraine and the 'stans.  Anyway, all the Barnaul I have says "Made in Russia" "Barnaul ammunition Plant"  bought just last year.  Some is SP and some HP.
51 Tula refurb ( so far )