Author Topic: my ar15  (Read 24729 times)

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: my ar15
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2016, 07:04:44 PM »
Looks very close to a complete rifle now   :)  You're certainly making it your own with all the specific parts and the earth tone color scheme  thumb1

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »
I cerakote all my guns normally and it's because it's the most durable finish I've found as far as coloring a firearm other than black or blue.  It's even tougher when done over top of parkerizing.  Unfortunately this anodized receiver can't be parked but instead of them just bead blasting the anodizing and then spraying with cerakote I'm thinking of having them bead blast,  then alodine, then cerakote.  It's gonna be magpul fde when I'm done. 

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 03:16:32 PM »
Update:

Well I just fired 30 rounds from her with the 4.5 pound hammer spring in. I fired 5 rounds tula fmj, 5 rounds red army standard fmj, 5 rounds brown bear fmj, 5 rounds monarch fmj. 5 rounds golden tiger and five rounds tula hollow points. All rounds fired except for one golden tiger and it fired on the 2nd trigger pull. So I'm going to go with the heavier weight spring and I think that'll cure it. No issues with c products gen 3 20 rounder and no short stroking. I guess wednesday when I'm off again I'll change out the hammer spring for the heavier weight one. 

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2017, 04:47:32 AM »
Update,

I am thinking I may have a bad standard power hammer spring as when I installed it instead of the purple spring the trigger pull went from 4.5 pounds on the Lyman electronic trigger gauge to 8.5 pounds. Alg has bad customer service thus far and has yet to give a solution and I have not heard from them in a week! I tried to call them as well and they left me on hold 20 minutes and I finally hung up! I don't have any other springs around other than the purple light weight one! So I guess I am going to get a standard power Wolff hammer spring and try it and see what happens. I guess if that doesn't lower it the only other option I will have is to install a Wolff reduced power trigger and disconnector spring!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 04:40:45 AM »
Okay so I contacted alg and they sent me a new trigger group. With the Wolff reduced power trigger return spring and reduced power disconnector spring with the alg regular hammer spring the pull is now a consistent and smooth 6.5 pounds. No more issues. I've since added a bcm mod 3 gunfighter charging handle and Wednesday I'll be installing a miculeck brake on it.

I've been sourcing parts for another build. I'm going to go with a 4150 nitrided hbar barrel with carbine length gas system. This current one has a 4140 hbar phosphate coated barrel with carbine length gas system.

The lower I'm going with is a spikes tactical forged lower with punisher logo. I'm going to be going  with a bcm enhanced lpk on it. I'm not sure on the upper yet. If the other I'm building works as well as this one I'll give this one to my dad as a farm rifle.

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 11:55:15 PM »
Go with a side charging upper and bolt.   8)

Hell, the barrel I want to build a 6.5 creedmore on is $415.   cry1
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:06:05 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 07:07:59 AM »
Go with a side charging upper and bolt.   8)

Hell, the barrel I want to build a 6.5 creedmore on is $415.   cry1

You mean the bear creek arsenal one?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2017, 07:28:14 AM »
Pretty sure several co are making them.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Boris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 08:13:42 PM »
I ended up with the longer firing on my ARx39 . The as built was not reliable. Now it fires any x39 no problem. Funny how a few thousands can make such a difference!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
I ended up with the longer firing on my ARx39 . The as built was not reliable. Now it fires any x39 no problem. Funny how a few thousands can make such a difference!

Yeah this new build that I am about to build with a faxon barrel will have another black rifle arms extended firing pin.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »
I actually went with this lower receiver on my new build that I am collecting parts for right now. I used my law enforcement discount and got it for about 5-7.00 cheaper with free shipping.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Spike_s_Tactical_Lower_Multi_Forged_PUNISHER_Str_p/sp-stls015.htm

I went with this upper
http://www.jsesurplus.com/YHM7.62x39mmCaliberMarkedUpperReceiversStripped.aspx

I went with this parts kit
http://www.jgsales.com/bcm-ar-15-enhanced-lower-parts-kit,-fde-p-88124.html

I went with a faxon 4150 nitrided inside and out barrel with 1 in 8 twist button rifled with 11 degree target crown. It'll have a midlength gas system. I used my leo discount to get it cheaper.
https://www.tntesales.com/faxon-16-7-62x39-1-8-qpq-41v50-mid-length-barrel-assembly-f-marked/

This is the bolt carrier group I went with. Both the carrier group and bolt are nitrided.
https://sunnystateoutdoors.com/collections/7-62/products/aim-7-62x39-nitride-bolt-carrier-group-mpi

That is what all I have ordered so far. The lpk, upper receiver, lower, and bcg are all here.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:35:14 PM by sksmcrossvilletn »

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2017, 05:15:41 AM »
Now I'm thinking of going with a Midwest industries drop in free float handguard and an elftmann 4-7 pound adjustable service trigger!