Author Topic: Another one. Love it.  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Another one. Love it.
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:25:25 PM »
This past weekend I hit the Greenville show, armed with a measly bankroll but some nice trade bait in the form of a T14 in my backpack. In terms of variety, the show was mostly a dud. I did get to handle some really neat Mexican & Peruvian Mausers, priced right. A smattering of totally dogged out & dicked up k98s. No Lugers worth the asking. Tons of Garands, nothing below $900. Tons of m1 carbines, see Garands. Then I met a guy with this p38 under glass, and sure enough he fell in love with the Nambu, so we pulled the old Carolina shuffle swaparoo.

It's a '44 Mauser from the a-block. I still haven't even wiped down and put away the p38 I posted last week, and this pistol is only about 6700 units away from the first one (b-block), so naturally I've had the two of them together and side by side for ogling purposes. The new a-block looks to have a deeper and better applied finish than its later b-block counterpart. I didn't notice this under the dim show lights, but in the natural light you can see some plum color coming through in the barrel and frame.

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Donp236

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
  • [url=https://ibb.co/jYAvPQ][img]https://thumb.ibb.
Re: Another one. Love it.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 03:52:15 AM »
Nice pair, both your guns were made by Mauser in December of 1944.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Another one. Love it.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:50:26 AM »
Very nice!  thumb1

a, b...you've got such a nice start to the sequence it seems like you need to march through the late MO letter blocks now  :o At least the preceding no letter block... Don't fight the compulsion, it'll be good  thumb1   :)