Author Topic: Foreign pistols in German service  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Foreign pistols in German service
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:14:30 PM »
I went to NGD/SOS with the intention of beefing up the pistol collection. I hadn't planned on adhering to the theme of foreign-made pistols used in the Wehrmacht, but that's how it went down. Here's what I bagged:

First up is my favorite of the bunch- a late war Fabrique Nationale Browning High Power. This pistol is in the b-block serial range, the final suffix in the German High Powers. The highest serial number I can find is 7000 units away from mine, so this gun really is at the end of the line of HPs built for Germany. The gun was likely built just a few months before the Allies took back Belgium. You can see where the late war FNs were produced a tad on the hasty side, the exterior finish is markedly rougher than the early war no-letter or tangent sighted pistols. The grips are the original, or at least the correct, bakelite version, introduced once the shortage on useable walnut came to a head. It's believed that the High Powers were earmarked specifically for SS use.
Pics:

---------------------------------------

Next up is another pistol of the Browning/Belgian persuasion- a Fn1922 in 32acp. I admittedly don't know much about them but their high quality is apparent when you handle one. The Belgians were crafty little devils. These striker-fired pistols have a strange little screwed-on barrel bushing that holds the action together. The grip safety is a neat accoutrement too.
Pics:

-----------------------------------

Lastly we have a Radom 35m, built after the Germans won Poland. These are awesome pistols, sort of a hybrid mashup of a High Power and 1911. Just like with the Polish g29/40s / wz29s, the Radoms sport the Waa77 for Polish parts and Waa623 for final inspection or assembly at Steyr-Austria. The decocker on the rear of the slide reminds me of the p38.
Pics:

I think I did pretty well  8)
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Online Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Foreign pistols in German service
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »
 :o

8)

vroomvroom

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »
Oh, I thought the FN1922s were in 7.65x17mm Browning?   silly1 rofl

Nice trio of pistols.  The FNs are very, very cool  8) 

I had not heard of the Radom 35m but I like it.  Those trapezoidal grips seem to have an art-deco influence  think1  geezer1

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »
VERY nice Blicero  thumb1 good catch!  clap1

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 06:55:33 PM »
Thanks guys.
One thing I learned this afternoon- I am not a talented enough pistolero to hit a squirrel at 30 yards with the fn1922.
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 07:01:53 PM »
Thanks guys.
One thing I learned this afternoon- I am not a talented enough pistolero to hit a squirrel at 30 yards with the fn1922.

rofl

That's a pretty small target at a fairly long distance.  32 ACP is more than adequate for a Sciurus carolinensis (eastern gray squirrel, aka tree rat).  Were you trying to wrastle up some stew meat for Grease Monkey?  :o

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:19:53 PM »
The little bastard chewed up the fascia on my house and may have made a nest up in there. I can hear him scampering around on top of the roof all the time. When he's on the roof I don't have a shot unless I want to drink rainwater dripping in my mancave from a 22 cal bullet hole in the shingles. So for the past 2 days I've been waiting til I see him running around out in the yard to take a shot. So far I've failed.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 08:24:37 PM »
Load a shotgun shell with rice! Only penetratesflesh at a  shirt distance.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:05 PM »
No shotgun here. The closest I can come to that is some 45shot that I might have laying around.
Thanks for that tidbit though, I'll remember that whenever I can pick up a shotgun.
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 08:35:30 PM »
That will work. Change out the lead shot with rice, plug the case mouth with wax!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »
That will work. Change out the lead shot with rice, plug the case mouth with wax!
Hmm, rice.  So white rice would be a boat tailed frangible round, brown rice an FMJ?   :))

Cool tips.  I do have a shotgun and occasionally some annoying crows.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »
It's only good at fairly close range of course but much less damaging to surrounding material.