Author Topic: I'm never giving it back. NEVER!!!  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
I'm never giving it back. NEVER!!!
« on: February 08, 2015, 06:53:11 PM »
I went to the range with a buddy today. I've been up his rear end for six months about selling me his Colt 1911. A1s are sexy and all that, but the original Colts are just beyond compare...eons beyond any Luger in terms of strength, functionality and reliability. I asked him to bring it to the range. When he put it on my table he told me if I'm shooting it, I'm taking it home and cleaning it.

Hell, works for me, captain.

So I'm snapping a few pics for posterity before I inevitably have to give it back to him. I'd like to have something to come back and drool over until the day comes he's willing to move it. Unless he'd buy my oh my dog are your 1911! story?

You may or not be able to tell in my subpar pictures that this pistol has been completely reblued. My friend did that. I'm not thrilled about his decision to do that but...whatever. I'd still be proud as heck to own it. Without checking my reference books I believe the serial number dates its production year to 1917. The mag is the correct original half-blued type and I think the barrel is an original as well.

Sigh. A boy can dream.
Time to clean.

"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: I'm never giving it back. NEVER!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 07:21:34 PM »
1917!? That could have been Patton's side arm. Very cool! I want one of these USGI .45s some day.

As it happens I had my relatively inexpensive RIA out to the range today. Man, the 1911s are a nice pistol. I've got a fiber optic front sight on mine that rocks. You could pulverize a  stack of Thin Mints from 10 paces with it  rofl

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:09:33 PM »
The 1911 is one of the longest serving firearms (if not the longest) having been in use for over 100 years and serving in at least a half dozen wars and lesser conflicts. If I were a drinking man I would hoist one in salute to John Browning! I always liked the looks of the flat main spring housing, that was one of the selling points for me when I bought my GI clone RIA .45

Thanks for the photos and write up Blicero. I would hate to have to give up such a piece also, you're a lucky rascal!

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 06:11:05 PM »
Just don't shoot my Caramel DeLites! That's how wars get started. I had to hide them from the old lady.

I gave this pistol the full treatment. Bore scrub, extractor cleaning, firing pin & channel, hammer & main spring. Now I'm just sitting here holding it. It's mine until Saturday.
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."

-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 06:34:56 PM »
Kinda shameful..  he could have had it reblued professionally for like $100

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
By the time Blicero gets done stroking it with mineral oil all week most of that cold blue may be gone  rofl

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »
 rofl

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Worm

• BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »

Still can. It still can be saved

Nice firearm Blicero, bummer you have to give it back.

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Sharp-Shooter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »
I have a hipoint that I keep in my tackle box. I just stuffed it into his USGI holster. Hopefully he won't notice until we're back from the gun show  :))
-Ramcke

-Ty O

-LooseCannon