Author Topic: Advice needed on 1941 Finnish M91, Hex receiver, Please( Lots of Pics added)  (Read 20859 times)

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
Re: Advice needed on 1941 Finnish M91, Hex receiver, Please
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 01:59:30 PM »
Little sneaky GM truth, I'm coming clean, where do ya think most of these came from?  Got Mosins, lets see them - page 1 - Mosins & Soviet Arms - SKS-FILES FORUM - Page 1 of 2

Your neck of the woods thumb1
Mwhahahahahahahaha
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • Love your family and keep your powder dry.
Was there first thing thursday and got it on layaway. Good thing too, cuz a local mosin collector was in later the same day, trying to buy it. If yall see anything out of the ordinary or just plain interesting don't hesitate to point it out.

Thanks for looking fellas, hopefully I did well on my 1st Mosin. Here's some in-store pics...

Z inside the crossed cannons

Import mark and the only spot missing bluing ( Bayonet marks?)

2 piece finger groove stock

Here's a pic with a dutch M95 that i happened into a month ago that got me thinking I might just like getting into bolt actions as well...

Hopefully it want be to long before I bring her home.
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Early style barrel bands, nice thumb1   Remember, Righty/Loosey, and Lefty/Tighty when removing the bands.  Pricey mistake if you break the screw...

So, where is this sugar shack? rofl

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
Early style barrel bands, nice thumb1   Remember, Righty/Loosey, and Lefty/Tighty when removing the bands.  Pricey mistake if you break the screw...

So, where is this sugar shack? rofl

Early style eh? I'm learning more on these everyday. Thanks for mentioning the Righty/Loosey, and Lefty/Tighty  bit, I remember now reading somewhere about someone making that mistake.

Its a pawn shop in Hillsville VA, that IMHO is 1 of the best guns stores in the area. They have great prices and will work with you for sure. The last Mosin they had was a M28/30 [SA] stamped, also with a SK.Y stamp ( from what I've been reading, not so common?) They definitely have earned repeat business from me. I didn't get it for the $225 I wanted ($250 OTD) so they tossed in 50 rounds of loose brass cassed ammo they had.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:03:04 AM by armedhippie »
Hippies are like stray cats...Feed 'em once and they never leave...then they stink up your couch.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Sniper
NICE 'hippie, good thing you didn't wait one day!

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper

Early style eh? I'm learning more on these everyday. Thanks for mentioning the Righty/Loosey, and Lefty/Tighty  bit, I remember now reading somewhere about someone making that mistake.

Its a pawn shop in Hillsville VA, that IMHO is 1 of the best guns stores in the area. They have great prices and will work with you for sure. The last Mosin they had was a M28/30 [SA] stamped, also with a SK.Y stamp ( from what I've been reading, not so common?) They definitely have earned repeat business from me. I didn't get it for the $225 I wanted ($250 OTD) so they tossed in 50 rounds of loose brass cassed ammo they had.

Way, way down yonder in the Fancy Gap area chuckles1, they do have a big, or should I say, fricken huge flea market, I went once and holy stuff :o, the things you can find there.  Most of my Finnish came from fairly close by, from a collector in the Ferrum area.  Must be a decent concentration of Finnish Mosins around there.

And yes, a SK.Y M28/30 are not a common find.  drool1
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:27:58 PM by Greasemonkey »

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
I think you did great AH!

$250 for a Finned M91 is still a very good price...and they met you at least half way with the value of the ammo. 

Have you looked at the underside of the receiver tang yet to see the year and arsenal?

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
NICE 'hippie, good thing you didn't wait one day!

You aint kidding Danny, Had I not went in first thing that morning, It would have been spoken for, by that afternoon, by The same guy who got the SK.Y M28/30. Who also ( since I talked to my buddy who works there) wants to talk trade on my new mosin already  :o .

And yes, a SK.Y M28/30 are not a common find.  drool1

aaahhh--haaa  That would explain the Ear to ear grin and beaming, like he just found a non-refurbed Izzy SKS at a yard sale, when he was telling a group of us at the shop about it.  rofl

"fricken huge flea market"  Yeah that covers it  chuckles1  Its gotten so big it takes over the entire town, and then some, of Hillsville.

I think you did great AH!

$250 for a Finned M91 is still a very good price...and they met you at least half way with the value of the ammo. 

Have you looked at the underside of the receiver tang yet to see the year and arsenal?

Thanks man  thumb1 I've bought and traded a bunch with them and usually get $25 to 50 off sticker every time but... since that fella didn't even blink at $300 for that M28/30 ...The shop owner has now realized the cult following these have.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Uh, excuse me? What's that you say? My eyes failing me? 
since that fella didn't even blink at $300 for that M28/30

Lets get this straight now, this chicken fairy only paid, 300 bucks for a SK.Y M28/30, or worse yet, the dingleberry behind the counter sold it for, only 300 bucks? :o

300 bucks, Holy chopped up palomino :o :o  I wouldn't blink, I would have blown an elbow out and broke my wrist getting to my wallet then, I'd be beaming and grinning ear to ear as well, heck, I'd be doing the Riverdance on the car roof with my helmet on and pants around my knees singing "I Got You Babe".

Typically, those will run 450-550 or more pending condition on the open market, yea, dat boy dar is a THIEF!!!!! And, the counter guy, needs some serious education.. bat1

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
I guess I have to be the Ahole that everyone else is too nice to be.
The bolt is mismatching so all collector value is lost. Also, the "D" on the barrel means "djukakkosji", Finn for "dismissed", so it was deemed unacceptable for service likely due to safety reasons.
I'm sorry. I mean, I can help you get your money back out of it. PM me your address and I'll get money order in the mail tomorrow.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Ahh...  your so full of BS!

Sont listen to this blicero character, thats a choice rifle man...    thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Keep that rifle thumb1 don't sell it to him, geez, his head would swell to even more enormous proportions. Hey, you guys, I got a Finn M91 for a little bit of nothing and a lie or two, look at the great shape it's in, nice bore and a trigger thats silky smooth, and just look at these targets. It's the bees knees rofl2 chuckles1

Online running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Keep that rifle thumb1 don't sell it to him, geez, his head would swell to even more enormous proportions.

It's physically impossible for his head to grow anymore.  Any larger and it will collapse in on itself in a singularity.  End of the universe type stuff!  silly1

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Keep that rifle thumb1 don't sell it to him, geez, his head would swell to even more enormous proportions.

It's physically impossible for his head to grow anymore.  Any larger and it will collapse in on itself in a singularity.  End of the universe type stuff!  silly1
Oh come on RM, leave poor Velcro, uh Blicero, alone.  I mean he's never given you a hard time...uh, never mind...proceed!  bat1  rofl

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman

rofl Its what we've been prepping for.

I guess I have to be the Ahole that everyone else is too nice to be.
The bolt is mismatching so all collector value is lost. Also, the "D" on the barrel means "djukakkosji", Finn for "dismissed", so it was deemed unacceptable for service likely due to safety reasons.
I'm sorry. I mean, I can help you get your money back out of it. PM me your address and I'll get money order in the mail tomorrow.

So the [SA] must mean Sux Azz and the T= Terrible or Time to sell to Blicero?    :)) Thanks but I think I might hold on to her for a bit. That is...If RunningMan doesn't talk me out of it.  chuckles1

Offline Greasemonkey

• Administrator
  • Sniper
What we prep for, imagine if you will, just for a passing second, the head swelling just a hair more, creating that special moment  fart1 and then the singularity, and then at this exact moment RM pulls out the wallet  cry1 cry1 and purchased a Mosin of some type.

E.L.E.  Extinction Level Event, no level of prepping will save us if these happen.

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
^^^^^ This is why I hug my lil 1's everyday. Blicero's a given and with RM... it's only a matter of time...

No hole deep enough , No rock big enough...Tick Tock. Tick Tock...

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
Hmm, IIRC, RM riding a mule and firing a Mosin is the fifth horseman of the apocalypse.

P.S. No offense intended to St. John

Offline armedhippie

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
OK so my mosin cherry as officially been popped. While this finnish mosin is the 1 that got me to break down and buy my 1st mosin...It is still safe in layaway. While i've gotten some extra work and was going to get her out this weekend, I stumbled across another mosin yesterday ( not so much stumbled, as it was put in my hand with a grin at my other favorite LGS)

I didn't want to say anything till it was home safe with me and I did a lil preemptive google-fu. You mosin fellas please feel free to chime in with any knowledge yall have to share, as I'm still learning daily on these dang boat oars. It will be well accepted and appreciated.

I've dug around a bit and think I may have to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. I need to give it a good cleaning, its a lil crusty but in great shape and not bubba'd at all ( besides a splash of white paint on the front sight). I'll get a few pics up in a new thread as soon as I can...

Its a Finnish M91     P-series

P-26

B

The barrel and receiver are blued, 2 piece finger groove stock, hex receiver, and finnish matched bolt and most other S/N's are just ---- lined out. Early barrel bands, finnish sling attachments in the dog collar slots, and mostly Izzy arrow stamps on the parts.

Thats what I've got so far, any and all help/info is welcomed. I'm about to take down and clean my 1st mosin for the 1st time. ( anything like GM's Right-loosey lefty-tighty for the barrel bands will be appreciated)

Thanks for the help fellas....I was so phsyched about it last night I hardly slept and took off work early so I could pick it up today.  :)

Offline Blicero

• Always plays Bf8
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Hermann Goering is my copilot
Another one?  :o
Damn hippie, now you really need to go out and find yourself a k98 if you're going to be playing this bolt action game.

Tell us what else you've found out in your research.
"I reject your suggestion."
-Ramcke

"You would last about an hour in Charlotte before the police were called bc you were walking around outside with a bottle of scotch and a g43."
-Ty O

"I don't appreciate you showing Nazi images. My old lady's granddad died at Auschwitz."
"I'm sorry to hear that..."
"Yeah...he fell off a guard tower."
-You Know How I Get Thomas

Regional Spelling Champoin, 6/6/2012

"Why the hell does it look like you turned into some weird trendy libtard?"
-LooseCannon