Author Topic: Yugo SKS Still In Use  (Read 3187 times)

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
Yugo SKS Still In Use
« on: August 03, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
Okay, maybe just as parade/ceremonial rifles but, they are still being used in this country also.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-latest-pence-urges-better-ties-among-balkan-nations/ar-AAphUs0?OCID=ansmsnnews11&fullscreen=true#image=5
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:27:16 PM by Phosphorus32 »

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: Yugo SKS Sill In Use
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »
That's his guard detail to protect him in the event that a Montenegrin woman asks him to dinner  ::) :))

Seriously, looks like one of the older style HG rifles like MxwllBkr recently picked up  thumb1

Online MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 04:15:17 PM »
Good catch sponge........ they do look very much like my non-chromed HG.......... makes you wonder if these where in fact former Yugoslavian HGs and the chrome ones are strictly Slovenian's variation........

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 06:13:34 PM »
Your gun came out of a Slovenian crate. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Online MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »

Yup sure did, but crates can be made after the fact....  mostly conjecture on my part. The simple fact that these Non-Chrome HGs came from Slovenia points more to it being a Slovenian HG than otherwise, But the more pictures that pop up of these rifles in the hands of the countries that split could point to the possibility that the Non Chrome HGs where actually made before the conflict.

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »

Maybe so but, I came out of an Irish/German "crate", but yet, I am more Cajun French than Irish/German.   ;)   rofl
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:30:21 PM by spongemonkey »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 08:30:06 PM »

Yup sure did, but crates can be made after the fact....  mostly conjecture on my part. The simple fact that these Non-Chrome HGs came from Slovenia points more to it being a Slovenian HG than otherwise, But the more pictures that pop up of these rifles in the hands of the countries that split could point to the possibility that the Non Chrome HGs where actually made before the conflict.

Ill bite.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.