Author Topic: KSI Paratrooper  (Read 4425 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
KSI Paratrooper
« on: July 20, 2017, 10:38:24 AM »
Hi Guys,

My FFFL received the Omega Para I had in the works yesterday. I had him put the brakes on the Kali paper shuffle, so he could add this little guy to the DOJ shake down, an early KSI Paratrooper with neutered bayo lug and rod guides.
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?804905-quot-PARA-quot-SKS-or-SOMETHING-ELSE&p=7225178#post7225178
Last Sunday, I met up with a guy coming up from LA on his way to the SF Bay Area, and did a FTF PPT for a '70 Alby. Been working on this one since May. I couldn't ask the other fella to go waaay out of his way, or I would have put all 3 on the same paper work. Quite coincidental, but all 3 SKS have rubber butt pads. PAX
https://goo.gl/photos/18wwdSmXj89VX73E8
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
Re: KSI Paratrooper
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:34:52 PM »
One down back at the barn, '70 Alby.
One Para at the FFL, the Omega, another Para, a KSI, set to ship tomorrow, I hope. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »
I look forward to seeing your picture parade once all are secured....I will live vicariously through your posts. :)

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »
Just returned from my FFL so I could start the Kali cooling off period, and fondle my 2 new Paratroopers. I'm sooo stoked. The Omega is in fact NIB, and still has some cosmo in it, as accurately described by cipherk98, which is totally cool. An especially added bonus, is that it is cut for a BLADE bayo! Sweetness all around  dance2

The other Para I believe is an early example. It's a KSI, with both the neutered rod guides and bayo lug ground flush from birth, and the blade bayo slot was filled in with a piece of wood, before the furniture was refinished. I thought I read somewhere that this had been done to a few at first, but then the practice was stopped as a cost saving measure. As pwcosol on GB detailed, this rifle too seemed not to have many rounds through it, having cosmo slathered about when he picked it up. He did a thorough disassembly and cleaning but never shot it.

These latest brings my total to 4 store bought Paratroopers, and 1 home grown Tacticool shortie. BTC, K-Sport Hunter (T-86 mount modded to fit the nowhere rail), another KSI, and the Omega. Throw in the fine '70 Alby that just came home, happy me. BTW, my FFL only charged me $35 to receive and process both rifles.

JH I don't have any pictures yet. PAX
  You need a crew  

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
Very nice Pax!  How long do you have to wait?  What an asinine rule.  hunter)

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 11:21:29 PM »
That kind of thing would drive me nuts....if one doesn't 'need' a cooling off period...all you have is buyers remorse until they are actually 'yours'.

They did that with the last handgun I bought (it was in the nineties) it bothered me so much, during the wait...I bought a Ruger 10/22 and my second SKS. That I could walk out the door with....then.

What really sucked is it was a Hi Point 9mm that I really...really hated. So I had to go back and start all over again a week later. banghead1

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 05:54:23 AM »
Very nice Pax!  How long do you have to wait?  What an asinine rule.  hunter)

Totally screwed up reg, 10 days to the minute, but the accepted norm for most FFLs is 11. In reality, it just makes you mad  >:(. PAX

You need a crew  

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 06:51:50 AM »
Man....wait 11 days.   I get ansy waiting around, pacing, looking, drooling for 11 minutes for a background check to clear so I walk out with it...

Only cause those 11 minutes can get expensive.. And usually leads to going through another 4473, C&R transfer, a used something coming in I beat the dealer to, ammo or something else I have to explain to her later. :o

Fricken vicious circle chuckles1
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »
Man....wait 11 days.   I get ansy waiting around, pacing, looking, drooling for 11 minutes for a background check to clear so I walk out with it...

Only cause those 11 minutes can get expensive.. And usually leads to going through another 4473, C&R transfer, a used something coming in I beat the dealer to, ammo or something else I have to explain to her later. :o

Fricken vicious circle chuckles1

I was at my other LGS when a guy came in with a couple pistols that he inherited from his FIL. All he had was a death certificate, and was stuck trying to transfer into his name. The FFL asked him if he wanted to sell them. As he pulled one out of the case, A 63 PYTHON, I raised my hand and said "I'll buy-em". The LGS pitched me out the door  :). PAX
  You need a crew