Author Topic: Might have spotted another Israeli Capture...  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Might have spotted another Israeli Capture...
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:41:18 PM »
In the same shop as before even! He has this one priced lower than my 55 Tula was, and this one has a crack in the stock in front of the crossbolt. This is a 1954 Tula, with signs of a light refurb with some thick black shellac over the top of it. It has the ST ALB import mark as well... I didn't have time to break it down, but the external numbers all match with the stock being force matched and a small hexagonal refurb mark on the stock.

Thoughts? Not a good time to pick this one up right now, but if it hangs there for a while, who knows?

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: Might have spotted another Israeli Capture...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
I dunno...  the ST ALB import mark by itself wouldnt say much.  You dont see any other IC characteristics ?

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:07 PM »
I didn't get to spend enough time with it as I was waiting for my BC on a WASR... the stock was sanded enough to remove the stamps around the crossbolt and a bit on the finger grooves, but the arsenal refurb stamp was still pretty visible as is the stock serial so that was likely done at refurb.

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 07:35:50 AM »
Does the shop have a lay-a-way plan so it would make the purchase "easier" for you?