Author Topic: PATIENTLY WAITING FOR ME  (Read 5576 times)

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
PATIENTLY WAITING FOR ME
« on: June 20, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »
The seller and I agreed to a price on this '70 Alby. All that's lacking is the hands on inspection. He done a good job of disclosing what he knows about it. We're several hundred miles apart, but we'll be doing a FTF, so it'll take some doing to coordinate, end of July. Until then here's his pictures. It's matching numbers, but has been refinished in some manner.   ::) PAX

https://goo.gl/photos/18wwdSmXj89VX73E8
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline spongemonkey

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Marksman
Re: PATIENTLY WAITING FOR ME
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
I have never seen an Albainian with a rubber butt pad on the stock.  Is that normal? 

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »
Nice Albanian! 

Monkey...  Thats just an after market rubber deal that goes on over top the original plate.  Easy to take off.   thumb1

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:40 AM »
Dang nice get Pax!  Well worth waiting until July to get it in your hands IMO.  thumb1

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:46:19 AM »
Refinished or not...that is a dang nice Albanian.

I gotta say, it is a first for me to see anyone extend anything on an Albanian.  chuckles1

Your patience to wait over a month is commendable.

Offline wvsks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:09:18 AM »
That looks really sweet, nice matching numbers. The lower handguard looks different than my Albanians, it's more rounded off. It looks like the one on my buddy's Russian, but as I'm told, a Russian stock won't fit an Albanian.

Not mine, but this is basically what I'm talking about. That is a pretty neat find you have there.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
Thanks Fellas,

JH, we've actually been going back and forth since mid May. I screwed up getting it last week because he has a Romy that I am interested in too, but couldn't get any picts of it until after his commute cycle.  :(. This go-round he's flying on his company's dime, hence the wait. PAX
  You need a crew  

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline monkeyboy

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Newber
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »
The stock is an Albanian replacement, that of course has been refinished, if that matters.

Offline wvsks

• Cadet
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 12:54:07 AM »
The stock is an Albanian replacement, that of course has been refinished, if that matters.

The Albanians made replacement stocks that looked like that (short, rounded off lower end and dark colored) for their own rifles?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:59:28 AM by wvsks »

Offline monkeyboy

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Newber
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 07:48:10 AM »

The Albanians made replacement stocks that looked like that (short, rounded off lower end and dark colored) for their own rifles?

The Albanians made beech replacement stocks in a number of variations for standard blade and spike bayonet rifles and their own domestic  SKS.

The  variation pictured in the OP's pics has been refinished resulting in the very dark color we see.

Online echo1

• Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »

The Albanians made beech replacement stocks in a number of variations for standard blade and spike bayonet rifles and their own domestic  SKS.

The  variation pictured in the OP's pics has been refinished resulting in the very dark color we see.

The seller told me that it had been redone, and hence accepted my "beat down" offer. It's the cheapest of my 3 Albys so far, and helped to bring down the overall cost for them. Like I said before, he did a good job of disclosing what he knew. But considering it's 1 of not many, I jumped on it. Was cheaper than a Kali NORINCO  :) , plus I got a line on untouched furniture.  ;) PAX
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:27:58 PM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »
I like the color. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.