Author Topic: Russian Taiga-2 Match Rifle  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Russian Taiga-2 Match Rifle
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:03:32 PM »
This rifle makes only TWO known examples on the entire US interweb and my serial # is consecutive to the other being #197 and mine being #196.  They are also British gov proofed in 1966. My rifle happens to have a large sticker showing it was used in the 1977 Queen's Silver Jubilee Competition which I am currently trying to research.  Its amazing to me the limited amount of info about these rifles... you would think they would be better documented as to production numbers/years etc.  Oddly enough, this rifle has an offset front and rear set of sights and the front being fully adjustable up/down and left/right.  This is another double set trigger configured rifle with an extremely light pull.

Anywho... here she is. 

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Dannyboy53

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sniper
Re: Russian Taiga-2 Match Rifle
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:40:31 PM »
How cool is that?!! Nice looker Cannon!

Offline routeus1

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:28:31 AM »
Thank you for the share and info...

Offline jd?

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:54:14 AM »
You dog. 

What kinda ammo does that one like?  jd
I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.  Groucho Marx

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:30:09 AM »
I haven't even shot this thing yet..    :-[

Rimfire rifles are crazy picky about what ammo they do best with.  Yoh can have two production rifles right off the assembly line prefer two entirely dif types of ammo.  I believe most of this is due to rim thickness vs headspacing from one rifle/ammo to the next. I have tightened the headspace on my M12 by a few thousandths and it completely changed what ammo worked best in that rifle. I haven't ever weighed my rounds simply because shooting decent match grade ammo it would imho be overkill. 

I like....

Eley
Wolf
SK
Fed gold ultramatch
Aguilla match
RWS
CCI standard vel
Norma tack22

There is a bunch out there, but I haven't tried them all.  The important thing to remember is...  stick to 40gr round nose lead...  lubed preferably, and under the sound barrier.

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline shemhamforash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 02:09:33 AM »
wow - sorry for the necro thread revival but that thing is SWEET

that is all