Author Topic: my ar15  (Read 2429 times)

Online Phosphorus32

• Global Moderator With Battlefield Commission
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
Re: my ar15
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2016, 07:04:44 PM »
Looks very close to a complete rifle now   :)  You're certainly making it your own with all the specific parts and the earth tone color scheme  thumb1
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
-Mark Twain

Online sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »
I cerakote all my guns normally and it's because it's the most durable finish I've found as far as coloring a firearm other than black or blue.  It's even tougher when done over top of parkerizing.  Unfortunately this anodized receiver can't be parked but instead of them just bead blasting the anodizing and then spraying with cerakote I'm thinking of having them bead blast,  then alodine, then cerakote.  It's gonna be magpul fde when I'm done. 

Online sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 03:16:32 PM »
Update:

Well I just fired 30 rounds from her with the 4.5 pound hammer spring in. I fired 5 rounds tula fmj, 5 rounds red army standard fmj, 5 rounds brown bear fmj, 5 rounds monarch fmj. 5 rounds golden tiger and five rounds tula hollow points. All rounds fired except for one golden tiger and it fired on the 2nd trigger pull. So I'm going to go with the heavier weight spring and I think that'll cure it. No issues with c products gen 3 20 rounder and no short stroking. I guess wednesday when I'm off again I'll change out the hammer spring for the heavier weight one. 

Online sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Rifleman
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2017, 04:47:32 AM »
Update,

I am thinking I may have a bad standard power hammer spring as when I installed it instead of the purple spring the trigger pull went from 4.5 pounds on the Lyman electronic trigger gauge to 8.5 pounds. Alg has bad customer service thus far and has yet to give a solution and I have not heard from them in a week! I tried to call them as well and they left me on hold 20 minutes and I finally hung up! I don't have any other springs around other than the purple light weight one! So I guess I am going to get a standard power Wolff hammer spring and try it and see what happens. I guess if that doesn't lower it the only other option I will have is to install a Wolff reduced power trigger and disconnector spring!