Author Topic: BSZ Shooting Inside of 100 yds  (Read 2829 times)

Offline rjinga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Cadet
BSZ Shooting Inside of 100 yds
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »
The rifle was a Chinese Type 56 SKS and the ammunition was Golden Tiger.  I was using the standard iron sights set on the BSZ notch.  The weather was overcast, and the air was humid and calm.

I set the first target somewhere in between 25 and 50 yds; I didn’t want to know the exact distance.  The purpose of this range trip was “see the target, shot the target.”  I stood and fired 10 snap-shots (raising the rifle muzzle from waist level to eye level each time and shooting as soon as I had a sight picture).  All of the shots would hurt, obviously.  However, from a self-defense/combat perspective, I believe the red shots would be almost immediately fatal.  I think the yellow shots would become fatal without quick medical intervention.  And, the white shot would probably be non-fatal.

Next I set a second target to the left of the first target.  It was about one yard over and one yard behind the first.  I stood and fired 20 snap-shots this time.  I would raise my rifle and fire at the target on my left, and then transition to the target on my right (making sure to say “one Mississippi” in my mind because you can’t rapid fire at the range).  I thought I did a lot better with the size of both groups.

And then last but not least, I moved a target out beyond 50 yds, but inside of 100 yds.  This time I stood and fired seven rounds off-hand, with the rifle already at eye level.   

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
Re: BSZ Shooting Inside of 100 yds
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:15:18 AM »
The Silhouette brothers aren't coming down for breakfast this morning.

Offline MxwllBkr

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 10:06:49 AM »
Because they where "held up"  rofl

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »