Author Topic: Macon MO gun show has a ...  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Stoned_Oli

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
Macon MO gun show has a ...
« on: February 25, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
Shernic bullpup stock for $75...
This , plus two paras, 2 11 mil /26\, one very nice, and a few other odd SKS in varying states of BubbaFried.
I was almost tempted to grab the stock, but PITA came to mind.
Seemed like every SKS had a $375 on it, and both paras were $450. One of them had a really nice, slim black poly stock on it. The other one had that shatty ATI Monte Carlo with the high comb.

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
Re: Macon MO gun show has a ...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 10:43:57 AM »
Nice Oli!  Prices not out of line from what you see on Gunbroker it seems.  thumb1

All the local shows around me have is beef jerky, overpriced knives, handheld tazers, and MREs.  It got so bad that I stopped going as it's hard to justify the 35 mile drive in, $8 parking, and $10 door charge, and 35 mile drive back when you come home empty handed.   rofl

Offline newchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 05:10:46 PM »
Still better than my gun show trip today.
Saw a *rare* 91/30 *sniper* with night scope and mount (but no scope)
and svd (svt, svds are illegal here)
a svt *sniper*
and, all on the same guys table, a m38 sniper
81 miles each way for that.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:22:47 PM »
Gun shows out here are very akin to RM's experience, but you can add solar dealers and craft tables (the wives). At least I haven't been charged for parking yet.

If a bullpup stock was available at that price at a show here, it likely would come home with me to justify the experience...despite my surprising lack of desire to do that....I prefer muffs over plugs, but at that price it might be a fun temporary project.

The amount of SKSs you saw equal what I have seen at the last six shows I have gone to. The prices are about on the mark too...which is another thing I don't like about them anymore. WHERE did all the good deals go? Even the Mosins are right at retail...if not higher. I would think skipping all the shipping and FFL transfer hoopla would translate to better deals at the table, but it doesn't seem to be the case....probably due to increased table charges, due to insurance.

Among the few remarkable SKSs I have seen, one was a $550 Cherry's Yugo NIB, another was a $1200 DragoesqueDDRnotLiskimaybeishIzzy, then there was the $850 MC-5D with the barrel clamped green laser...the whole show knew you were looking at THAT gun again...the old timer who had it was trying to wow people with it...all day.  The only viable gun I saw was still a bubba, technically, a $400 /26\ 10m para, at a show where I could only afford a handful of stripper clips (if they had any)....I was just there for drool factor, using the reconstituted food samples to combat that. :)

The internet granting everybody dealer prices is probably why most shows flat out blow chunks (of kettle corn) anymore.