Author Topic: New Shotgun I bought Norinco (IAC) Hawk 982  (Read 20497 times)

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Marksman
New Shotgun I bought Norinco (IAC) Hawk 982
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:43:08 AM »
So I bought a new shotgun. It is a Remington 870 clone with all milled parts. Many say this is better built than an 870 due to the fact there are no MIM parts or cast parts on this gun. So I bought it. I didn't buy it through centerfire systems who has these for 174.99+19.99 shipping. Instead I paid about 15.00 more and bought it via Davidson's/Gallery of Guns/Gun Genie through my local pawn shop. The reason being is that Davidson's offers a lifetime replacement/repair warranty on all the firearms they sell.

Norinco (Imported by IAC Interstate Arms Company Billerica MA. Yes the same IAC that imported norinco sks's) Hawk 982

This thing is a tank at 7.5 pounds unloaded!

The best thing about it is that all Remington 870 parts fit perfectly. Except for the forends as the hawk's action bar tube is a little thicker made than the 870 so minor fitting on the forends will be required.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:48:45 AM by sksmcrossvilletn »

Offline carls sks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sharp-Shooter
Re: New Shotgun I bought Norinco (IAC) Hawk 982
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:54:29 AM »
congrats! looks like a good buy to me, you did good.  shotguns are probably the best thing for home defense too.  thumb1
ARMY NAM VET, SO PROUD!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
congrats! looks like a good buy to me, you did good.  shotguns are probably the best thing for home defense too.  thumb1

Thank you.

This will go along with my mossberg 500. I had to get one with no mim parts because I have seen to many broken extractors at work on 870's. In fact so much so that we "retired" the 870's and went with pistol grip mossberg's. The 870's are relegated to range qualifications. Even then the extractors still break on them.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 03:11:27 PM »
Cool shotgun and great price!  thumb1

Interesting info on the Remington 870, as it turns out, it's the only 12 ga I own (paid $300 for one NIB). I might have to look for an after-market replacement for my extractor.  Of course I've only put about 20 rounds through it so no issues to date. I imagine these get 100s to thousands of rounds through them at your qualification range.  Any other known issues with these?  I have it set up with an 18.5 inch barrel and a pistol grip for CQB...I mean home defense  :))

Offline Greasemonkey

• Professional foul mouth. Banned for life!! Certified Enabler
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid SKS #2, is avoid SKS #1!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »
I looked at a few pumps, but settled on this one, the local shop had no idea Cz even offered a pump gun like this. A Cz 612 HC-P, priced around 325, as shown.

I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse......

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

I said I was an addict........I didn't say I had a problem

Offline Direct Connection

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Marksman
  • California is where reality goes to die.
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 10:40:47 PM »
Both brands above are very nice hallway hunters. As Carl said, A shotgun is probably the popular choice for home defense. In many cases I guess it depends on where your at in the house at the time of confrontation.  :P

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 11:17:37 PM »
My rig...yeah, it kicks a little  :o  chuckles1

Love that racking them up sound  thumb1

Decided to put in an aftermarket extractor after reading this post the other night....

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
  • Violating safe spaces everywhere
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
I don't own a shotgun at the moment but I do want to get one soon. I like the Mossberg 500 for the safety placement but that 870 clone looks good for the money. I am assuming you can use 870 barrels so I could get one for skeet shooting?

GM, I have the same blocks for my retaining wall.
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »
Cool shotgun and great price!  thumb1

Interesting info on the Remington 870, as it turns out, it's the only 12 ga I own (paid $300 for one NIB). I might have to look for an after-market replacement for my extractor.  Of course I've only put about 20 rounds through it so no issues to date. I imagine these get 100s to thousands of rounds through them at your qualification range.  Any other known issues with these?  I have it set up with an 18.5 inch barrel and a pistol grip for CQB...I mean home defense  :))

Mainly just broken extractors is what we have but they are loaded with mim parts and cast parts. The volquartesen extractor for 28.00 at Midway USA is a good buy. If I owned a 870 express I'd buy all 870 police parts (non mim) to put in it!

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 01:31:22 PM »
I don't own a shotgun at the moment but I do want to get one soon. I like the Mossberg 500 for the safety placement but that 870 clone looks good for the money. I am assuming you can use 870 barrels so I could get one for skeet shooting?

Barrels are not interchageable without an adapter on the hawk i have the barrel band as I call it sits a little father forward than on the 870. But all other parts are completely interchangeable!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:37:22 PM by sksmcrossvilletn »

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 01:32:31 PM »
My rig...yeah, it kicks a little  :o  chuckles1

Love that racking them up sound  thumb1

Decided to put in an aftermarket extractor after reading this post the other night....

I suggested this extractor before reading you'd already bought it!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:37:56 PM by sksmcrossvilletn »

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »
I looked at a few pumps, but settled on this one, the local shop had no idea Cz even offered a pump gun like this. A Cz 612 HC-P, priced around 325, as shown.

I didn't know they did either!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »
I was buying a bunch of Christmas presents from Amazon Prime and the Volquartsen extractor just slipped into my cart  ???  chuckles1

Glad I picked the right part  :)

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »
I was buying a bunch of Christmas presents from Amazon Prime and the Volquartsen extractor just slipped into my cart  ???  chuckles1

That happens to me all the time!

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 01:51:43 PM »

Yeah, I also saw a flashlight, and a clamp, and a mag extension...so I patted myself on the back for showing fiscal restraint  rofl

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 01:57:46 PM »

Yeah, I also saw a flashlight, and a clamp, and a mag extension...so I patted myself on the back for showing fiscal restraint  rofl

Because you bought them all and got free shipping right?
It's sad that the motto of young Americans isn't "live free or die" or "I regret that I have but one life to give for my country" or even "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Instead their motto is "pee yourself, shelter in place and cry for help". Pathetic.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Sniper
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »
 rofl  No, I moved them to my wish list  :(

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 02:06:17 PM »

Barrels are not interchageable without an adapter on the hawk i have the barrel band as I call it sits a little father forward than on the 870. But all other parts are completely interchangeable!

That's too bad. I want a shotty that can be a HD gun but I can also slap a skeet barrel on. Guess I will wait until I can get a Mossy 500 combo.

Offline sksmcrossvilletn

• SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 03:57:24 AM »

That's too bad. I want a shotty that can be a HD gun but I can also slap a skeet barrel on. Guess I will wait until I can get a Mossy 500 combo.

I could be wrong Carl but I've read on numerous forums that the NEF pardner pump longer barrels will fit on the IAC hawk without an adapter since both are made by norinco for two different importers. But if you do this I'd recommend you be the hawk 981 without ghost rings because it would be a weird sight picture having a rear ghost ring and a front bead!

Offline Carl in CT

• Right Wing Extremist
  • SKS-FILES CONTRIBUTOR
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 10:11:30 AM »

I could be wrong Carl but I've read on numerous forums that the NEF pardner pump longer barrels will fit on the IAC hawk without an adapter since both are made by norinco for two different importers. But if you do this I'd recommend you be the hawk 981 without ghost rings because it would be a weird sight picture having a rear ghost ring and a front bead!

Ah, a ray of hope and yes, the ghost ring would be a little strange with a bead.