Author Topic: parkerized Ksport w/ green stock  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Tigertail72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Newber
parkerized Ksport w/ green stock
« on: February 15, 2018, 10:59:19 PM »
I have a parkerized Ksport with green stock I'm looking to sell. It has never been fired, all numbers match, but doesn't have anything that came with it, no box or anything. Its been sitting in my safe forever. I'm posting pictures, looking for help on what it may go for.

Thanks,

Matt

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:04:58 PM by Tigertail72 »

Offline Loose}{Cannon

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sniper
  • Constitutional Extremist
Re: parkerized Ksport w/ green stock
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 11:07:04 PM »
Oooooo,  thats a rare commercial variant.  PowerSurge is the commercial expert and will be along shortly.

Welcome to the Files!

1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms... It doesn't matter how many Lenins you get out on the street begging for them to be taken.

Offline Phosphorus32

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sniper
  • Send lawyers guns and money...uh, skip the lawyers
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:08:56 PM »
Nice! I have no clue, as I don't follow the commercial Chinese market. Have you looked at completed auctions on GunBroker or are there too few examples showing up. Alternatively, look back at some of Running Man's monthly sales lists if you want to find some.

Offline Tigertail72

• Newber
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »
I bought it new years ago and its been sitting in my safe forever, I collect antique southern long rifles and this isn't in my lane. Hoping someone will enjoy it way more than me.

Matt

Online echo1

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Death from above
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 12:07:46 AM »
Last year I saw 1 NIB go from a Kali LGS for $500, then to the next guy for the same money, rare occurrence at that price. One here went for $550 (I think), used non matching. PM in bound. PAX

PS...I take it back, they were the Para length. Yours is more rare/valuable.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:20:12 AM by echo1 »
  You need a crew  

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

Offline running-man

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sniper
  • The only way to avoid Mosin #2 is avoid Mosin #1!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 08:47:50 AM »
PS...I take it back, they were the Para length. Yours is more rare/valuable.

Yeah thats a full length parka hunter sans rail. Very nice rifle. To the right buyer you might be looking at 8 or 9 bills.  It could also languish unsold at $500 for months too. Need the perfect buyer to come along willing to pay that premium for it but they are out there.

Offline Justin Hell

• Bubba/Purist Flip Flopper
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sniper
  • First Restore... Then Bubba.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 09:35:17 AM »
Talk about the 'little old lady who garaged it since she bought it and only never drove it to church on Sundays'.    :o

I kind of dig these, but only lurk around pawn shops hoping one will turn up... The collectors tend to know what they are, the only plastic stocked SKS that has ever increased it's value. I had hoped since Butler Creek (the stock manufacturer rebranded by K-Sports here) at the time was located here in Montana I might seem some around. So far...no dice.

That is a really sweet rifle you have, It will pay it's rent for the safe space all these years. The long barrels are so uncommon that most people see the green stock and don't notice the barrel length right away...the modified front sight kind of draws away from it. Until echo1 noticed...I glossed right over it too. :)

Offline martin08

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 02:55:17 PM »
I have one in paratrooper length.   Excellent stock fit and near perfect balance of operation.  Of all my SKS carbines, I would trust this one the most if the SHTF.   It is dead nuts accurate.  Last time out and from an unsupported standing position, it cracked 7 of 10 clay pigeons on the berm at 75 yards.  And powdered the other three on the next three shots.  Using Golden Tiger ammo.

I would estimate that if I placed it on Gunbroker, with excellent description and many quality pictures, it would be at least a $700 gun.

They are one of the most refined commercial variants, not very common, and moderately sought after by niche collectors.  The long barrel may or may not bring more.  But I doubt it would bring less.

Offline Tigertail72

• Newber
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 05:05:49 PM »
I appreciate all the responses, I'm going to put it up on gunbroker with some other stuff I have and see what happens.

Matt

Offline Power Surge

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • Commercial dude
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »
Very nice. The green stock guns are the least common, and usually the most desirable.

This rifle was available as the Parka Hunter in 20" length, and the Parka Para in 16" length.

I have not seen a full length version come up for sale. However, the last green Parka Para on GB so for $660. The one before that, sold for $550.

Value on these is hard to gauge. They are not as well known, as many other Commercial variants. Most people just assume it's a Bubba job and keep searching. Only the hard core Chinese collectors know this model.

It could sell for $350, or it could sell for $850. It's just going to depend on how many people seeing it want it at the same time.

Personally, I'd say anywhere from $550 to $650 is a FAIR price. Any more is a bonus. I would not take less than $550 for it (I currently have the para version). If you list it on GB, just set the reserve for whatever number you're comfortable letting it go for.

I also back up Martin's feelings on his... my Parka Para is one of the best shooters I've ever had.

Offline firstchoice

• Ozarks Ridge Runner
  • BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sharp-Shooter
  • "The Rolling W"-A.E.F. 89th Division-WW1-1917-1918
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 01:55:10 AM »
I sold my new-in-box K-Sport Parka Para in July, 2014 for $550.00 (for everything shown in the pic)

It would go anywhere from $600-$800 now, dependent on finding the right collector/buyer. You just have to find that person that wants that rifle, at that time. The Parka Para's are worth it. Take your time and you'll find the right buyer.

firstchoice